As the nation celebrates Small Business Week May 1-7, the IRS will host four free webinars. The webinars will help small business owners with their taxes. The IRS also highlights popular products and services available on IRS.gov.
Here are some details about the free webinars:
- Tax Tips for Your New Business, May 2. Small business owners and tax professionals with small business clients who may be starting new endeavors are the focus of this webinar.
- Deciding if it’s a business or hobby
- Selecting a business structure.
- Understanding business taxes.
- Recordkeeping requirements.
- Choosing a tax preparer.
- Finding out where to go for IRS help.
- Staying Afloat: Planning for Emergencies Before they Happen, May 3. Small business owners, tax professionals and payroll organizations learn about emergency preparedness in this broadcast.
- Business continuity planning.
- How to create an emergency plan.
- Employee preparedness.
- Payroll continuity and supply chain protection.
- Protecting your records and data.
- What happens after a disaster is declared.
- IRS resources to help you plan.
- Worker Classification: Employee or Independent Contractor? May 4. This webinar is in Spanish. It teaches Spanish-speaking small business owners, tax professionals and payroll organizations how to classifying workers.
- Differences between employees and independent contractors.
- Common law rules.
- Form SS-8.
- Employment tax obligations.
- Voluntary classification settlement program.
- Tip Reporting and Tips vs. Service Charges, May 5. This webinar provides small business owners, employers, tax professionals and payroll organizations with details on tips and reporting.
- Recordkeeping and reporting responsibilities.
- Understanding the difference between tips and service charges.
- Filing Form 8027, Employer’s Annual Information Return of Tip Income and Allocated Tips.
All four webinars are an hour long and start at 2 p.m. (ET). Live Q&A sessions with IRS experts will be available. To register and to find out more visit the Webinars for Small Businesses page on IRS.gov.
For help with your small business call one of our offices:
Plymouth 734.454.4100, Allen Park 313.388.7180,
Grayling 989.348.4055, Livonia 734-462-6161,
Madison Heights 248.544.6160, Royal Oak 248.399.7331,
Saginaw 989.782.1985, or St. Clair Shores 313.371.6600