Approved November 30th the Pure Michigan Small Business Relief Initiative will use federal CARES Act funding to provide $10 million in grants to meet the needs of Michigan small businesses impacted by COVID-19. Applications will open on December 15th; up to $15,000 is eligible per applicant on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To qualify for grant support, businesses must meet eligibility criteria including but not limited to:
- Being a business in one of the targeted industries
- Must comply with all state and local orders related to COVID-19, including, but not limited, to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.
- Be a for-profit entity (i.e., a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or LLC)
- Have a physical establishment in the Michigan County of Application and is not a home-based business
- Provide goods or services to multiple clients or customers
- Be current, or in a payment plan, on all local, state, and federal taxes due through 1/1/2020
- Have an active and valid state license(s)/registration(s), if applicable
- Is not an adverse party to litigation involving the state or municipality
- Business or Business owner has not filed for bankruptcy in the last ten years.
- Can identify a need for payroll, rent or mortgage payments, and utility expenses necessary to continue/restart business operations relative to the total grant amount
- Had annual gross revenues in 2019 greater than $25,000
- Has at least two employees, including the owner(s)
- Has fewer than 50 employees (including full-time, part-time, and owner(s) on a world-wide basis)
Please contact your local ATS office with any questions or support during the application process.
For more information on this initiative please visit; https://www.michiganbusiness.org/about-medc/covid19/relief/
For more on the original article by Sherri Kolade please visit; https://michiganchronicle.com/2020/11/30/relief-on-the-horizon-michigan-strategic-fund-board-announces-pure-michigan-small-business-relief-initiative/#/?playlistId=0&videoId=0