You may be asking yourself, ” Where’s My Michigan Refund? ”
Don’t worry, To check the status of your Michigan state refund online, visit Michigan.gov.
In order to view status information, you will be prompted to enter:
- Social Security number (SSN)
- Tax year
- Filing status
- Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) or Total Household Resources (THR)
Note: Adjusted Gross Income is found on line 10 of your MI-1040. Total Household Resources are found on line 33 of your MI-1040CR or line 34 of your MI-1040CR-7
You may also call 1-517-636-4486.
For e-filed returns: Allow two weeks from the date you received confirmation that your e-filed state return was accepted before checking for information.
For Paper-filed returns: Allow six to eight weeks before checking for information.
What can cause a delay in my Michigan refund?
A number of things can cause a delay in your Michigan refund, including the following:
- If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer.
- Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
- You used more than one form type to complete your return.
- Your return was missing information or incomplete.
Need more Michigan refund and tax information?
For more information about your Michigan refund, visit the following website:
Need more tax guidance?
Please Contact ATS Advisors to talk with one of our tax professionals regarding any tax related questions you have.